وكالة تليسكوب الاخبارية
تعلن منظمة ميرسي كور الدولية عن توفر الشواغر التالية :
Information Systems Intern
NOTE: All interns must be actively at a university or recently graduated (within about 1 year).
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Information Systems Intern
INTERN WORKSITE LOCATION: Amman, Jordan
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: 5 months: August 2020 – December 2020 (based on availability of the candidate)
INTERN SUPERVISOR & CONTACT INFORMATION: Director of Grants Management
Mercy Corps responsibilities
For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive:
- Training and supervisory support
- Workstation with computer, internet, and phone access
- Access to tools, materials and communication requirements for this project to be undertaken
- Travel expenses associated with business travel, if applicable
Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with:
- Daily living expenses
- Personal transportation within Jordan
- All other costs associated with this internship
Mercy Corps has been meeting the needs of conflict-affected communities inside Syria since 2012. Mercy Corps Syria currently operates from Jordan and Syria with an experienced team of staff and partners who are supported and led by a Country Team based in Amman that ensures consistent, technical and quality driven programming. Mercy Corps implements a range of activities aimed at supporting positive coping strategies by addressing the basic needs of vulnerable families while strengthening opportunities to generate income, increasing access to livelihoods creating protective environments, and providing associated services and enabling social cohesion through our safe, protected, productive and peaceful community’s framework.
This internship will provide interested candidates with the opportunity to engage with the Syria response and explore future careers in international relief and potentially grow talent for the region’s country teams. The intern will learn about Mercy Corps’ programs in Syria, the complex operating structure and context while gaining knowledge in effective project cycle management (PCM), including the tools and systems for providing support to the PCM function.
Subsequently, the intern will apply their learning through involvement in maintaining and developing efficient and informative data management systems to assist in country management decision making, program file retention, as well as feeding into program reports and donor communications. S/he will work closely with grants, programs and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) teams, as well as HQ in a collaborative, team environment to ensure that the impact of Mercy Corps’ programming is successfully communicated using an evidence-based approach that informs both current and future program design. S/he will assist the grants unit and program teams with other data led activities, as required.
- File management: Contribute to maintaining an up to date grant filing system that meets PM@MC requirements and donor standards.
- Develop tools and systems for business analytics, visualizing funding trends (thematic, geographically, donors, etc.) and identifying risks, gaps and challenges, to inform management decision making.
- Update project management tools, including funding trackers, grant trackers and dashboards.
- Support to Value for Money (VFM) initiatives across Mercy Corps Syria.
At the completion of this internship, the Intern will possess:
- The ability to organize and analyze information;
- The ability to process information to assist in data driven decision making;
- The ability to coordinate and work closely with team members at various levels in the organization;
- Develop an understanding of effective project cycle management through Mercy Corps’ PM@MC;
Contextually, the Intern will gain the following experiences:
- Hands on experience of working on one of the largest operations of Mercy Corps globally;
- Good understanding of the operational and administrative challenges that INGOs need to overcome to implement successful programs in extremely complex environments;
- Experience working with staff members across different departments of the organization, including program, monitoring & evaluation, finance and operational teams;
- Working in a culturally diverse environment.
The Information Systems Intern will support Mercy Corps Syria’s overall program portfolio through the following activities. Activities will include, but not be limited to, the functions listed below.
- Archive program documentation in online grant files;
- Contribute to data management systems used for decision making and reporting
- Any other deliverables as may be required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Mercy Corps Syria is looking for a candidate who is driven to develop their technical and professional skills as it relates to humanitarian assistance and grant management, with a passion for data analysis. Internship candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Actively enrolled in a university program (or no more than 1 year out of university)
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Google products, especially Google Drive and Forms, Tableau, and Ona
- Team player, who can also work independently;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Flexible and interested in working in a multicultural setting.
The position is based in Mercy Corps Syria’s office in Amman, Jordan.
Mercy Corps interns and team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Diversity is powerful. To achieve transformational change, we seek out team members with different origins, beliefs, backgrounds and ways of thinking. Diversity helps us unlock complexity.
Mercy Corps: https://www.mercycorps.org/
In your statement, you are encouraged to discuss any relevant experience, and demonstrate your interest. Your application will be reviewed by the Mercy Corps team and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for interviews.
+ All applicants should be able to commit to a minimum of three months. +
WEB SERVICES: All interns are automatically provided an Mercy Corps email address, as well as access to The Hub, Workplace and the Digital Library.